Friday, July 15, 2016

Christmas in July Mani Collab with 'A Certain Becca Nails'

  So my brother texts me and says "I have a challenge for you... a Christmas in July manicure." Being who I am I just had to accept this challenge. I mentioned it to the wonderful Becca with A Certain Becca Nails  and she jumped on my 'oh-so-tiny' bandwagon and is coming along for the ride. So now I'm draggin' you along too! Hope you enjoy!



For those of you that live on the edge and just want to try it with no instructions, here is the finished manicure:






For the rest of you, let's get this design on your nails! Start out with a base coat on all of your nails and make sure this layer is completely dry before the next step. (I didn't get a picture of that but that part is pretty easy lol) Here is a list of things you will need for this manicure:



- A red polish
- A green polish
- A white polish
- A large dotting tool
- A long nail art brush
- A toothpick or a small dotting tool
-French tip vinyls
-Acrylic paints in red, green, orange, brown, gold and black.

Okay for your first step put the vinyls on your nails backwards like you see in the picture on the left. Then use your white and create your snowy hills. You should end up with something like the picture on the right.




After that, put more vinyls on your nails the normal way (like you see on my pinkie finger) and alternate the red and green polish as you see below.



Now we get to the fun part! Get the large dotting tool and create to different sized circles on your thumb stacked on top of each other. Kinda resembles a certain frozen Christmas friend, doesn't it? ;) With the acrylic paints and the long thin paint brush add your details to your snowman. I gave mine a little red scarf and a carrot nose, but be as creative as you want!


 
On my ring finger I decided to do a christmas tree. All I did for the tree was paint on 3 stacked triangles and filled them in. I topped it with a gold star and a bit of white acrylic for snow (Feel free to use some additional colors to put in ornaments too!). On the rest of my fingers I just did random snowflakes.



Cover everything with a thick top coat and allow to dry for about 20 minutes. I usually just watch a 30 min show on Netflix to dry my nails :)






I had so much fun doing these Christmas in July Collaboration nails with Becca from A Certain Becca Nails. What do y'all think? Will this be filed away for your list of Christmas manicures?

Stay tuned in! Subscribe to my blog to get notified about new posts.  

Thanks everybody!

-Randi

4 comments:

  1. Yay I love them! I had so much fun doing this with you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mani hun :) if I didn't know any better I would think I was in December :) Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this mani from you! Wish i had a partner that i could do such lovely mani's with! I'm sure their would be many more wonderful nail art post coming from you, since this looks really great!

    ReplyDelete